The Health Education Division is dedicated to providing health education services to the residents of Middlesex County. The mission of the program is to promote a healthy lifestyle by stressing the importance of disease prevention, early detection, and early treatment.
Health Education Programs
Informative programs that provide an opportunity for a rewarding learning experience are offered through the Health Education Division. These programs are:
- Designed to meet the needs of different age groups.
- Adaptable to specific needs of your group, school or community.
- Interactive, some are in game formats, audience participation is encouraged, may include demonstrations.
- All programs are free of charge with the exception of a materials fee for smoking cessation classes.
- May include community events, distributing information, and educational materials.
- Are available to the public and organizations/agencies/schools in the contracting communities.
Available Health Topics
Education programs are based on the following broad topics: Access to Health Care, Cancer, Nutrition & Physical Activity (or Combating Obesity), Substance Abuse, Mental Health (can include: stress management, self esteem).
Other Health Education Services
- Informative displays.
- Educational literature.
- Special promotions to highlight National Health Awareness.
For more information, call 732-745-3100.