Office of Health Services
2014-2015 Seasonal Flu & Pneumococcal
Immunization Schedule will be posted soon
Flu immunizations will be provided to residents 6 months of age and over, no appointment is necessary. There will be a charge* of $15 per vaccination. The $15 fee will be accepted in “cash only” and exact change is strongly recommended.
Pneumococcal immunizations will also be available to people who are 65 years of age and older and have not previously received this vaccine and for ages 18-64 with a chronic health condition. No appointment is necessary. There will be a charge* of $65 per vaccination. The $65 fee will be accepted in “cash only” and exact change is strongly recommended.
*Medicare will be billed where applicable – Residents with a valid Medicare card must present the card at the time of registration.
If the Medicare card is not available, the resident will be
asked to attend another clinic or pay the fee.
NO APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED
Who Should Get the Flu Shot?
Everyone 6 months of age and older should get the flu vaccine.
Vaccination is especially important for people at higher risk of severe influenza and their close contacts, including healthcare personnel and close contacts of children younger than 6 months.
“Everyone 6 months and older should get a flu vaccine as soon as vaccine is available this fall. The single best way to prevent the flu is to get vaccinated each year but good health habits can also help protect against the flu,” stated Lester Jones, Director-Health Officer of the Middlesex County Office of Health Services.
You can help reduce the spread of flu to yourself and others if you:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean your hands often. (Keep alcohol-based hand cleaners in your purse, car, and back pack, when soap and water are not available.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth as much as possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then throw away the used tissue.
- Get regular exercise, plenty of rest, and eat healthy, balanced meals.
A Flu Shot is Your Best Protection
Against Getting the Flu!