†††††††††††††††††† †††† Middlesex County Prosecutorís Office

††††††††††††††††††††††† †††††††† 25 Kirkpatrick Street, 3rd Floor, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 08901 (732) 745-3300


††††††††††††††††††††††† †††† *News Release*†††††††††††† ††††Date: June 5, 2014







Monroe man admits injuring three in collision


††††††††† Middlesex County Acting Prosecutor Andrew C. Carey announced that a Monroe Township man pleaded guilty today to charges of injuring three people in a multiple vehicle crash.


Ernest Feist, 55, pleaded guilty to three counts of assault by auto, admitting that he was intoxicated when he crashed his vehicle and injured the three people in the township on June 4, 2013.


Feist pleaded guilty after reaching an agreement with Middlesex County Assistant Prosecutor Allysa Gambarella.


As part of the plea agreement, Feist will be sentenced to serve up to five years in a New Jersey state prison. He is scheduled to appear before Superior Court Judge Bradley Ferencz in New Brunswick on September 4, 2014 for sentencing.


Feist was charged after Investigator Michael Daniewicz of the Middlesex County Prosecutorís Office determined that Feist was intoxicated and was travelling at a high rate of speed when he crashed on Hoffman Station Road, near the Hoffman Road intersection.


The investigation determined that Feist, who was heading west in a 2012 Mercedes CLS, crossed over the double yellow line and struck an on-coming vehicle, a 2004 Toyota Highlander, that was driven by a 57-year-old Manalapan woman.


She was airlifted to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, where she was treated for severe injuries and continues to undergo medical treatment.


Also seriously injured in the crash was a passenger in Feistís vehicle, a 34-year-old man from Effort, Pa. He was taken to The Medical Center at Princeton in Plainsboro.


The remaining victim was a 31-year-old Manalapan woman who was driving a 2004 Mazda that was traveling behind the Toyota Highlander.


The driver of the Mazda was taken to CentraState Medical Center in Freehold, where she was treated for injuries and was released.