Freeholder Chairperson: Stephen
J. "Pete" Dalina
Office Director : George
- The Middlesex County Planning Board was created January 1, 1936
- The Middlesex County Office of Planning serves as the staff of the County Planning Board. The duties and responsibilities of the County Planning Board are provided under the County Enabling Legislation (N.J.S.A. 40:27-1). The primary duty is to develop and oversee a comprehensive development and growth management strategy as it affects all County facilities. In the process, the Office encourages the cooperation of local municipalities. In conjunction with the Planning Board, the Office prepares and administers land development regulations. The County Planning Board and staff perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Chosen Freeholders. The Planning Board supports advisory committees to assist in the decision making process. These committees relate to a specific function of the Board.
- The Office of Planning is under the direction of a Director who is appointed by the Board of Chosen Freeholders, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 11A: 3-5(1).
- Within the Office of Planning there are four Divisions:
- Division of Administration Data Management and Technical Services
- Division of Comprehensive Planning and the Environment
- Division of Development Review
- Division of Transportation
A subcommittee of the County Planning Board, which is chaired by one of the public-at-large members, represents each Division.