Freeholder Chairperson: H.
Fire Marshal: Michael
The Middlesex County Office of Fire Marshal consists of Michael Gallagher, Fire Marshal
William Johnson and James Rinker, Deputy Fire Marshals and Linda Hopkins, Secretary.
The Middlesex County Fire Marshal Office is responsible for the enforcement of the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code and other County Fire Safety regulations for the County of Middlesex as well as the municipality of Dunellen, and the Boroughs of Middlesex and Milltown.
Major activities within the scope of the Fire Marshal’s office include:
- Inspection of Life Hazard use
- Inspection of Non-Life Hazard use (except owner occupied one and two family dwellings)
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detector certifications for residential resale.
- Fire Safety Compliance
- Fire Safety Permits
- Fire Investigations to determine origin and cause.
- Fire Safety Education Programs for all schools
- Senior Citizen Fire Safety Programs
The following forms may be downloaded for your use:
Fire Permit Application (Adobe PDF)
Smoke Detector/Carbon Monoxide Detector Inspection Application (Adobe PDF)
Business Registration Application (Adobe PDF)
Time Extension Application (Adobe PDF)
WINTER FIRE SAFETY TIPS
Winter Fire Safety
Carbon Monoxide, Exposing an Invisible Killer
Portable Generator Safety
The Office of the Fire Marshal is open Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:15pm
The office will be closed for all County Holidays.
Any questions related to inspections, violations, or investigations can be answered by calling the office at 732-316-7171. Fax 732-316-7638.