M C A T
Middlesex County Area
711 Jersey Avenue
New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
Phone - (732) 745-7456
Reservations - (800) 221-3520
Fax - (732) 296-0320
TTY/TDD - (732) 745-8905
The Middlesex County Area Transit provides transportation to seniors (60+), disabled and other transportation dependent residents of Middlesex County. The general purpose of the program is to make transportation available and accessible so that residents may obtain the necessities of life, including, but not limited to employment, post secondary education, shopping and non-emergency medical services.
- Transportation is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Transportation is provided within the County and up to 5 miles outside the County.
- Transportation is curb to curb and shared with other passengers. Assistance is provided getting on and off the vehicle and securing the seat belt.
- Feeder transportation service to accessible fixed route transportation services (bus and rail) is available.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Registration and reservation hours are Monday-Friday from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Cancellations must be made at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled pickup.
- Transportation service hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am until 3:30 pm with limited service until 8:00 pm
- MCAT has 84 vehicles ranging from 34 passenger buses to station wagons. More than 80% of the vehicles are wheelchair accessible.
- Special trips on weekends and in the evenings are available to organizations for social, educational and recreational purposes on a limited basis.
- Effective July 1, 2011 all MCAT passengers using our advance reservation services will be charged a mandatory fare of $2.00 per one way trip or $4.00 roundtrip for all of its advanced reservation and subscription services. Fare tickets are to be purchased in advance of trips. Self-addressed fare ticket request forms and envelopes are available on all MCAT vehicles.
- Tipping MCATS' drivers is not permissible.